Market Pricing-Experimental (MP-EX) Pilot Program
Our proposed Market Pricing-Experimental (MP-EX) Pilot Program allows a limited number of medium and large commercial and industrial customers to pay a market-based price for power instead of TEP’s standard applicable Base Power charge and Purchased Power and Fuel Adjustment Clause (PPFAC) charge.
TEP will continue to provide generation, transmission, delivery and network services to customers participating in the pilot. Participation, available through two different programs, is limited to 75,000 kilowatts (kW) of load (50,000 kW for LPS/LPS-HV customers and 25,000 kW for MGS/LGS customers).
All other provisions, charges, and adjustments in participants’ applicable rate schedule and riders will continue to apply.
In March 2021, TEP filed the proposed MP-EX Program Rider-18 and related Plan of Administration (POA) with the Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC) as described in Decision No. 77856. The TEP MP-EX Program was approved by the ACC in November 2022. Click the links below for more information.
- Compliance Filing Regarding MP-EX Rider-18 and Related POA (March 31, 2021)
- Revised Draft MP-EX Program Guidelines (June 22, 2021)
- ACC Order Approving MP-EX Rider-18 and Related POA (November 21, 2022)
- Deadline to Submit Application: September 15, 2023
- Lottery Date (if necessary): October 31, 2023
- Program Start Date: January 1, 2024
Please submit any inquiries to email@example.com.