Energy efficiency upgrades for qualifying customers
Since 1982, Tucson Electric Power has worked with community assistance agencies to help limited-income customers reduce their energy expenses by making “weatherization” improvements to their homes.
These energy efficiency retrofits are provided at no cost to eligible recipients, though funding is limited.
Improvements might include:
- Caulking and weather-stripping
- Insulation (attic, wall and duct)
- Water heater insulation and exposed pipe wrap
- Attic ventilation
- Sun screens
- Paint roof and exposed ducts white
- Service evaporative coolers
- Replace evaporative coolers or motors with two-speed motors
- Install low-flow shower heads
Assistance is available to customers whose household gross income over the past 12 months does not exceed the following amounts, based on the number of people in the household:
|Family size||Annual income at or below:|
|More than 8||$9,440* (add per person)|
*$93,260 for 8 family members plus $9,440 for each additional person based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The eligibility levels above equate to 200% of the federal poverty level.
If you think you might qualify, please contact FSL Home Improvements or Pima County directly:
- FSL Home Improvements (Tucson and South Tucson)
- Pima County Community and Workforce Development (outside Tucson, Sahuarita, Oro Valley and Marana)
520-724-2461; Home Repair and Weatherization Programs
To measure the effectiveness of the upgrades, program participants are surveyed about their comfort, energy usage patterns and overall bill savings.
In addition to weatherization, TEP periodically offers energy conservation workshops in cooperation with community assistance agencies to teach limited-income customers how to utilize energy more efficiently and gain greater control over their energy bills. If you qualify for weatherization assistance and would like to attend a workshop, please contact the FSL Home Improvements or Pima County.