Energize your ride
Electric vehicles (EVs) drive powerful economic and environmental benefits for our community, including:
- Zero tailpipe emissions
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Lower user fuel and maintenance costs
- Cleaner air
- Quieter operation
How TEP supports EVs
TEP is playing a key role in driving the development of new infrastructure to support EV adoption in the commercial and residential markets. Our support includes:
- Public outreach and education about EV technology
- Electrification of TEP’s fleet vehicles
- Online EV Comparison tool to help customers decide if an EV is right for them
- Development of a statewide Electrification Transportation Plan to reduce barriers to transportation electrification
- Assistance to local and county governments with the electrification of their fleets
- Support for local car dealerships transitioning to marketing, selling and servicing EVs
Rates and Rebates
- Rates for Electric Vehicle Owners: TEP offers three pricing plans for battery and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles owners that provide lower rates for charging EVs during super off-peak overnight hours.
- Rebates for Residential Customers: TEP residential customers can claim a rebate of up to $500 based on amperage of a qualified home EV charger.
- Rebates for Business Owners: TEP’s Smart EV Charging Program offers generous incentives as well as technical support to commercial businesses, multi-family complexes and nonprofit customers that purchase and install EV charging ports at their location.