Energize your ride
Electric vehicles (EVs) drive powerful economic and environmental benefits for our community, including:
- Zero tailpipe emissions
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Lower user fuel and maintenance costs
- Cleaner air
- Quieter operation
How TEP supports EVs
TEP is playing a key role in driving the development of new infrastructure to support EV adoption in the commercial and residential markets. Our support includes:
- Public outreach and education about EV technology
- The electrification of passenger vehicles in TEP’s fleet, including light and heavy duty trucks as new EV models become available
- Partnerships with the City of Tucson Police Department and Sun Tran public transit system to provide infrastructure and technical support for the electrification of their fleets
- Installation of new electric shuttles for tours through Sabino Canyon Recreation Area
- Participation in Arizona Corporation Commission workshops to develop EV policy and programs
- Engagement with other utilities and transportation providers to develop a statewide EV charging network along our state highways
Rates and Rebates
- Rates for Electric Vehicle Owners: TEP offers three pricing plans for owners of battery and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.
- Rebates for Residential Customers: TEP residential customers can claim a rebate covering up to 75 percent of the cost of installing an Electric Vehicle Charger.
- Rebates for Business Owners: TEP’s Smart EV Charging Program offers generous incentives as well as technical support to commercial businesses, multi-family complexes and nonprofit customers that purchase and install EV charging ports at their location.