Smart EV Charging Program
Energize Your Business by Supporting Electric Vehicles
Demonstrate your commitment to sustainability by installing charging ports for electric vehicles (EVs) at your facility.
Having EV charging ports on your premises offers both financial and environmental benefits, helps promote your eco-friendly values and positions your organization as forward-thinking. They also help attract and retain employees and build goodwill with your customers and the community. By installing EVs, your organization becomes part of the solution to the world’s most pressing environmental problems.
Smart EV Charging Program Incentives
Tucson Electric Power’s Smart EV Charging Program offers generous incentives as well as technical support to commercial businesses, multi-family complexes and nonprofit customers that purchase and install EV charging ports at their location. Customers located in lower-income areas receive higher rebates. Rebates are received at the completion of the project.
Our rebates greatly offset your purchase and installation costs, making it easier to become a leader in developing sustainable EV infrastructure for our community.
|Charger Type||Site||Standard||Business Located in a Lower Income Area*|
|Level 2 (L2)||Workplace||$4,500/port; up to 75% of project cost||$6,000/port; up to 75% of project cost|
|Level 2 (L2)||Multifamily, Nonprofit||$6,000/port; up to 85% of project cost||$9,000/port; up to 85% of project cost|
|DC Fast Charger (DCFC)||All||$24,000/port; up to 75% of project cost||$40,000/port; up to 75% of project cost|
*Includes U.S. Census tracts where average household incomes do not exceed 80 percent of the median Arizona household income. For a map of qualifying areas, visit https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/tucsoncityarizona%2cAZ%2cUS/PST045218
- All TEP commercial customers are eligible to apply.
- Customers must purchase and install a minimum of two (but up to six) Level 2 or DC-fast charging ports at their location. Projects that involve the installation of six or more ports will be evaluated on an individual basis and incentives may vary.
- Customers must sign a Site Host Agreement with a three-year term.
- Customers must be on one of TEP’s Time-of-Use pricing plans.
NOTE: TEP reserves the right to modify the program requirements or incentives as needed.
Project Costs Eligible for Incentives
- EV charging station and related equipment
- Electrical service upgrades required for the installation
- Design and engineering services
- Construction and installation (materials and labor)
- Service, warranty and O&M agreements
How TEP Supports Your Project
- Conducts a site evaluation to determine the best charging solution
- Provides customers with a prequalified list of approved charging port vendors and referrals to qualified installers
- Educates customers on best practices for equipment operation
- Provides post-inspection follow-up and guidance to ensure the project meets your goals and expectations
For more information about the Smart EV Charging Program and to get started, please contact the TEP EV Smart Charging Program team at 520-745-3592 or EVTEP@tep.com.