ENERGY STAR® lighting
Light up your home for less.
TEP's ENERGY STAR Lighting Program offers a fast and easy way to start saving energy and money by using energy-efficient light bulbs.
TEP pays manufacturers to provide discounts on light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs that are passed along by local retailers at the time of purchase. No coupons are necessary, and discounted bulbs are available from multiple retailers.
- Discounted LEDs are available at local 99 Cents Only, Ace Hardware, Batteries Plus, Costco, Dollar Tree, Goodwill, Lowe's, Sam's Club, The Home Depot and Walmart stores.
- Bulbs can be purchased at discounts of up to 45 percent off regular retail prices and for as little as about $1.50.
- LED bulbs use up to 90 percent less energy and last up to 25 times longer than regular incandescent bulbs.
- They also emit 90 percent less heat, so cooling a room lit with LEDs uses less energy.
- Over the course of its lifetime, an LED bulb will save an average of $80 in energy costs.
Learn more about energy efficient light bulbs, upcoming outreach events and safe disposal of CFLs by clicking here.