Meter Set Assurance Deadline
Despite this year’s unprecedented challenges, Tucson Electric Power has continued to work closely with installers to keep distributed generation projects moving forward. To ensure that your Level 1 or Level 2 distributed generation projects will have a meter set by the end of the year, please note that the meter set assurance deadline is November 2, 2020.
Installers seeking installation of a DG meter before December 31, 2020, must satisfy the below requirements before the Nov. 2 deadline.
- Submit an approved application and all required documents through PowerClerk
- Adhere to all TEP Electric Service Requirements standards - 702, 703, etc. (including labeling)
- Complete all project inspections for TEP and Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Ensure that TEP’s New Service Department receives a final Distributed Generation Clearance (DGC) from the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
The meter set assurance date would exclude Level 3 projects and any Level 2 project requiring specialized protection, communication, automation, and metering (PCAM) instruments and/or equipment necessary to fulfil the Interconnection Agreement of Type 4 and Type 2 DG projects.
To avoid missing the meter set assurance deadline and a return meter set, please contact TEP if your customer has access issues. We are here to help ensure your DG project installation goes smoothly.
No Export Rate Changes
The Arizona Corporation Commission has determined that the export rate or Resource Comparison Proxy (RCP) will not be reset this year on October 1, 2020. The next RCP reset date is October 1, 2021. Here is what this ruling will mean for your company and your customers:
- The current RCP1 rate of $0.0868 per kWh, effective October 1, 2019 will continue through September 30, 2021
In the next couple of weeks, we will be making additional enhancements to our system. You can depend on us to inform you of times that the system will be temporarily unavailable to accommodate our testing of these enhancements.
If you have any questions, please email us at Renewables@tep.com.