Meter Set Assurance Deadline Oct. 17; New RCP Rate Resets Oct. 1
Tucson Electric Power is committed to working closely with solar installers to ensure that their distributed generation (DG) projects advance to successful completion and meter set.
This year’s meter set assurance deadline is October 17, which is earlier than previous years. Installers planning DG meter sets for Level 1 or Level 2 projects by Dec. 31, 2022, must satisfy these requirements before the October 17 deadline:
- Submit an approved application and all required documents in PowerClerk.
- Submit a complete and accurate Notice of Installation Completion (NIC) form in PowerClerk.
- Adhere to all TEP Electric Service Requirements standards (702, 703, 710 etc.), including labeling and any required facility map placards, if applicable. Photos showing equipment layout and label placement will assist in expediting review.
- Complete all project inspections required by TEP and the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
- Verify that all required clearances, including a final Distributed Generation Clearance (DGC) from the AHJ, have been submitted to TEP’s New Service Department.
- Ensure that the customer has returned a signed Interconnection Agreement and any amendments, if applicable.
The meter set assurance date excludes Level 3 projects and any Level 2 project requiring specialized protection, communication, automation and metering (PCAM) instruments and/or equipment necessary to fulfil the Interconnection Agreement of Type 4 and Type 2 DG projects.
Please notify TEP of any potential access issues at your customer’s property. If access is restricted and a meter set must be rescheduled, the project may be delayed and miss the meter set assurance deadline.
New RPC Rate Effective Oct. 1, 2022
The current rate of $0.0781 per kWh, effective Oct. 1, 2021, will reset to the lower rate of $0.0703/kWh on Oct. 1, 2022.
Projects that have advanced to the Project Staging Status in PowerClerk with a timestamp prior to 11:59 p.m. Sept. 30, 2022, will receive a TEP DG project number and the current RCP rate of $0.0781 per kWh.
The customer’s bill credit will be based on the RCP rate in effect at the time they submitted their interconnection application, provided the installed project meets the terms and conditions of the TEP Interconnection Agreement.
For more information, refer to the ACC Docket: https://docket.images.azcc.gov/0000207403.pdf
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.