E-bike Rebate Program
Boost Your Ride
Get where you're going faster and reduce your carbon footprint.
Why an e-bike?
E-bikes are electric bicycles with a motor that gives riders a boost. E-bikes use rechargeable batteries and travel up to 28 miles per hour. When you use an e-bike to get around, you can:
- Save thousands of dollars per year on fuel and maintenance by reducing daily car trips
- Have a convenient and reliable option for running errands or making short commutes
- Reduce your carbon footprint and air pollutants
- Charge up with TEP’s increasingly sustainable energy portfolio, and you have a green ride for your daily commute!
TEP offers rebates for eligible residential customers who purchase a qualifying e-bike. Customers meeting low-income eligibility thresholds are eligible for a $600 rebate*. Those who don’t meet income requirements are eligible for a $100 rebate.
In partnership with Pima County and the City of Tucson, low-income qualifying customers can also receive a free helmet and lock. Details will be provided once proof of purchase is submitted.
- You must be a residential TEP customer.
- You must purchase a new qualifying e-bike.
- Purchase a qualifying e-bike online or at your local bike store
- Qualifying e-bikes must be new, two-wheeled, have operable pedals and an electric motor of less than 750 watts. All classes (Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3) are eligible. Conversion kits, scooters, and mopeds are not eligible.
- TEP has created a Qualified Vendor List of eligible e-bikes that meets the requirements of the program. If you are interested in purchasing an e-bike that is not on the list, please email the official bike specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-bike must have been purchased no more than 60 days before rebate application submission date
- Must submit completed rebate application
- Must receive email confirming rebate reservation
- Must submit supporting documentation: Copy of fully paid invoice(s) showing full cost of the e-bike along with completed product information form
- Must receive email confirming successful rebate claim
- Receive rebate check within 45 days of email confirming successful rebate claim
- Two-rebate limit per TEP residential customer of record.
- Customer must submit supporting documentation within 30 days of confirmed rebate reservation except for the final month of the program in December, 2025, when rebates must be submitted no later than December 31st, 2025.
- This program has a limited number of rebates available. Rebates subject to availability of funds.
TEP reserves the right to perform a one-time verification to confirm the authenticity of the purchase.
* To meet the income-qualified requirement, you must self-attest to meeting the income levels on the application form.
In partnership with