Two of Tucson Electric Power’s new residential pricing plans combine low energy-use charges with a “demand” charge based on your highest individual hour of usage during times of day when customers use the most energy.
With our Peak Demand and Demand Time-of-Use pricing plans, you can save money when you space out the use of your large appliances during these “on-peak” hours. Most of each weekday, weekends and major holidays are all off-peak.
The new pricing plans are optional. You will remain on your current plan unless you choose to switch plans. The name of your current plan is listed at the top of your bill.
Peak Demand combines a low usage-based rate with a demand charge based on your highest individual hour of usage during on-peak time periods.
Demand Time-of-Use combines our lowest off-peak usage rates with higher on-peak rates and a demand charge.
Both of the new plans are designed to better match our service costs, which are driven by the need to satisfy our customers’ highest demand for energy. When that maximum usage level goes down, so does the cost of providing everyone with safe, reliable service.
Follow these tips to lower your demand:
- Avoid the simultaneous use of air conditioning, pool pumps, electric water heaters, washing machines, dishwashers and other large appliances during on-peak hours.
- Use a programmable thermostat and timers to space out the use of these appliances or operate them during off-peak hours.
Shift your usage to off-peak time periods by:
- Adjusting your thermostat to reduce heating and cooling during on-peak hours or when you’re not home.
- Turning off all but essential lights during on-peak hours.
- Enjoying electricity-consuming hobbies during off-peak hours.
- Charging your electric vehicle during off-peak hours.
Ready to choose a demand pricing plan? Call Customer Care at 520-623-7711.
Learn more at tep.com/rates.