With the coronavirus pandemic creating financial hardships for businesses locally and nationwide, Tucson Electric Power is working to support our commercial customers in these unprecedented circumstances. We also have comprehensive plans in place to continue our operations and support you every day.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do, so we have prepared a list of helpful resources to assist our commercial customers during this pandemic. The list includes federal, state, local, business and TEP resources:
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)/Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
The $2.2 trillion Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, signed into law on March 27, 2020, provided $376 billion for loans and grants through the SBA.
The CARES Act established several new temporary SBA programs to address the COVID-19 outbreak*:
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Advance: Provides up to $10,000 to businesses, nonprofit groups or veterans organizations. Though described as an advance, the funds do not need to be repaid.
- Paycheck Protection Program: Provides emergency loans for smaller businesses, nonprofit groups and other qualifying organizations that can be forgiven if funds are used to cover payroll, mortgage interest, rent or utility costs.
- SBA Express Bridge Loans: Small businesses that currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender may access up to $25,000 quickly.
- SBA Debt Relief: Automatic payments on some smaller SBA loans and automatic deferrals for SBA-serviced disaster loans.
*Contact your local Small Business Development Center for assistance with these programs.
- Arizona Small Business Development Center (SBDC): Provides assistance in applying for SBA loans and other resources for small businesses.
- Arizona Commerce Authority: Resources to support businesses and employees during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Local First Arizona: Lending support to small, local, and independent businesses during these uncertain times.
- Arizona Department of Health Services: A source for accurate, regular updates and resources.
- 211 Arizona: A statewide hotline providing accurate COVID-19 information and reliable resources for help.
- Tucson Metro Chamber of Commerce: The business advocacy and expansion organization provides news and resources for members and non-members. For other local chambers and business associations, click here.
- Downtown Tucson: The organization shares safety measures, resources and updates.
- Rio Nuevo District: Locally operated small businesses within the district can apply for a program that can assist in providing funds for employee payroll, rent, utilities, and other hardships.
- Arizona Regional Economic Development Foundation: Contact: Mignonne Hollis at email@example.com
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce – Coronavirus Small Business Guide: Sharing coronavirus resources with business.
- The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC): Resources and opportunities for women-owned businesses during the pandemic.
- The U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce: Providing a resource and technical assistance guide to help Hispanic and minority-owned small businesses safeguard their enterprises with lending, grant options, and financial support.
- List of Banks Offering Relief to Customers Affected by Coronavirus by Forbes
- Payment Assistance: TEP is offering payment extensions to customers affected by this pandemic. Service disconnections and late fees also have been suspended until further notice.
- Specialized Support for Business Customer: Our commercial account managers can provide specialized, proactive service on a wide variety of issues – from energy-efficiency programs and new projects to advice about pricing plans and regulations. Contact: BusinessCallCenter@tep.com
- Energy Savings Expertise: TEP can offer ways that businesses may be able to trim their energy use and costs to help offset declines in revenue. Commercial customers are invited to visit TEP’s website for energy saving tips as well as rebates for energy efficient upgrades. Contact: BusinessCallCenter@tep.com
- 24-Hour Emergency and Outage Hotline: 520-623-7711
- TEP Commercial Customer Care: 520-623-7711 or BusinessCallCenter@tep.com