You’ve probably spotted TEP employees wearing their blue volunteer shirts at many charitable events. Here are five lesser-known facts about volunteerism at TEP:
- About one-third of our employees volunteer on their own or through our employee-led Community Action Team (CAT), which organizes support for nonprofit events.
- TEP employees and their family members and friends donate more than 20,000 hours of volunteer service annually. Since CAT was formed in 1993, we’ve donated more than a half-million hours of volunteer service.
- TEP’s annual volunteer hours are worth a whopping $518,490, according to Independent Sector’s 2018 report, which estimates the value of a volunteer hour at $24.69.
- TEP employees support about 90 nonprofit events every year, or 7-8 events each month.
- TEP employees have been volunteering in the community for more than 125 years, ever since our company was founded in 1892.
See where TEP volunteers will be next by visiting our events calendar on Facebook!