Free Ride Wednesdays just made exploring Tucson by bicycle even easier.
Tucson Electric Power is partnering with Tugo Bike Share to provide Free Ride Wednesdays during the month of April. Take a bike out at no cost, ride for as long as you wish that day, then return the bike to any station from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Wednesdays all month long.
“We encourage all Tucsonans to grab a bike and commute or explore the city in a greener, healthier and more fun way. Grab a friend and discover a new favorite local spot or two,” said Heili Toome, Chief Marketing Officer at Shift Transit, Tugo’s long standing operating company. “Tugo is grateful to TEP for their sponsorship and continued support of Bike Share.”
The program has seen more than 80,000 trips and sold more than 11,000 passes, translating to more than 60,000 miles of pedal power. Those trips helped avoid approximately 38,000 pounds of carbon emissions from the transportation sector, our largest source of greenhouse gas emissions.
“We’re making the energy we deliver cleaner, greener and healthier all the time, so sponsoring free rides is well-aligned with those priorities,” said Joe Salkowski, TEP’s Senior Director of Communications and Public Affairs. “With $0 daily passes, it’s easier than ever for riders to discover the environmental benefits and convenience of biking in the city.”
Here’s how to take advantage of Free Ride Wednesdays:
- Download the PBSC app or visit the Tugo Bike Share website to find a station near you.
- Go to any of the 41 bike share stations between 8 a.m.-10 p.m. on one of the four Wednesdays in April.
- Select “Buy a pass” on the kiosk touch screen and select “Free Ride Wednesday Powered by TEP” for $0, then insert your credit card* and follow the on-screen instructions. You can also obtain your pass on the PBSC app by selecting “Purchase Access Pass” on the app. There is a refundable $24 deposit per bike.
- After completing the transaction, type in the code you received into the keypad on the left side of the docking point with an available bike.
- Explore Tucson for free and return your bike to any station that day when your trip is complete.
- Take out another bike and keep riding.
To get started, visit a station or download the PBSC app for quick, contactless access.
Let’s ride, Tucson!
*a valid credit card is required on all bike share customer accounts.