We’ve added new features to the TEP mobile app, making it easier to use and providing more ways to help you manage your energy usage.
Our free mobile app provides flexible, 24/7 access to the self-service features our customers use most. Download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play and manage your electric service from anywhere.
The new features include:
- Connected Devices – Tap on the new Connected Devices tile and follow the instructions to sync the app with your Nest Learning Thermostat. Control your cooling and heating directly from the app. You can connect multiple Nest thermostats and control each of them independently with the app.
- Account Management – Use the mobile app to make these requests and changes:
- Request a Payment Extension – This option now appears under the Billing tile before your payment is due. After making the request, you’ll receive a message if your account is not eligible for an extension.
- View PDFs of Your Bills – On the Billing screen, click on “Recent Bills” to view PDFs of your last 24 months of bills. On the same page, view the amount of your last six payments.
- Enroll in a Billing Program – Sign up for Auto Pay, Budget Billing and TEP e-bill directly from the app. With Auto Pay, never worry about being late or missing a payment. Budget Billing evens out the peaks and valleys of your monthly bills and allows you to pay the same amount each month. TEP e-bill is a convenient, free service that allows you to securely receive, view and pay your bill online.
- Manage App Preferences – Start or stop push notifications for payment reminders, payment receipts, late payment reminders and outages.
- Touch ID and Fingerprint Login – Activate Touch ID on your Apple device and Fingerprint Login on your Android device to log in to your account using your fingerprint.
- My Energy Usage – Tap on the Usage tile to find out how much energy you used each hour, day and month. You’ll also see the average temperature and humidity for those periods, along with your “demand” or peak level of usage. Use this information to learn more about your energy usage habits and to make informed choices about how to conserve energy and reduce your bill. You can also use it to help you choose the pricing plan that is right for you.
Other popular ways to use the app:
- Pay Your Bill – Using the app, log on to My Account to view your amount due and make a free payment using your U.S. checking or savings account. You can manage up to five TEP accounts using the app.
- Learn About Outages – Find out about power outages affecting your home or business. TEP’s outage map provides details such as the cause and estimated time of restoration. Choose to receive a message when your power is out and when it is restored.
- Report an Outage – With the tap of a button, report a power outage at the location linked to your account. There’s no need to call Customer Care to let us know when your lights are out. Rest assured that TEP is working as quickly as possible to restore your power.
- Find Helpful Information – Find energy-saving tips and learn about programs that can help you save energy and make a positive environmental impact. You also can contact us and connect with our social media accounts through the app.